WHAT IS HEALTHY LIFE?
Tramadol is a brand available in the market under the generic version of Ultram. This is a synthetic pain med that works well on both acute as well as on chronic pain. This is a prescribed drug that is used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. Tramadol is available in the forms like-
• Capsules extended release
• Tablet disintegrating
• Tablets extended release
Painkillers are the group of medicines that are used to get immediate relief from pain. Pain meds are the drug or medicines for relieving pain. The most powerful prescription painkillers are called an opioid.
Let’s just peep into a short History of pain meds or painkillers
Tracing the history of the Painkillers or the pain meds, opiates were used for both medicinal as well as the recreational purpose for thousands of years. The active substance present in opiate is Morphine. Now, Morphine is a very effective and a powerful painkiller but it is very addictive. Back in the sixteenth century, opium prepared in an alcoholic solution, laudanum was used as a painkiller.
During the American, Civil War Morphine was widely used as a painkiller. Morphine was the first extracted from opium in a pure form in the marking of the nineteenth century. After the use of Morphine by the soldiers, 5they became addicted to the pain med.
In the year 1905, the US Congress banned opium and the year passed the Pure Food and Drug Act, which required labeling of the contents of all the medicines.
Thereafter new painkillers came on the market with approval from the Food and Drug Administration. This is how the painkillers are made controlled substance as they have a huge addictive property.
Tramadol works similar to Morphine
Yes, it is true that Tramadol works similarly to that of morphine. The pain med treats moderate to severe pain. It binds the receptors in the brain which is responsible for transmitting the sensation of pain from the body to the brain. The painkiller primarily works by acting on the brain. It blocks the sensation of the pain from communicating with the brain and passing the message of pain.
The effect of the pain med begins once it gets absorbed into the blood. If you take a dose of 100 mg of Tramadol, this will take two hours to get absorbed into the blood. Once it gets absorbed in the blood properly, the effectiveness then after.
How to dose the pain med?
Tramadol comes in various forms. The available dosage of the pain med is- 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg, and 300 mg respectively. It is advisable to take a proper doctors advice before you choose the painkiller, your physician understanding your level of pain will suggest you the recommended dose and the duration of the time. Here is an idea that can help you while you dose your pill-
• Take the recommended dose as suggested by your doctor. Do not increase or decrease the dose of the pill by yourself, ask your doctor before doing so
• You can grab the pain med with food and even without food. But remember to take the medicine, in the same way, each time you take
• Do not take Tramadol with alcohol; this can really have some serious adverse effect on you
• Do not break; split the pill, the painkiller. Take it as a whole. As different dosage of the pain med is available, so pick your dose
• Make sure that you do not stop using the medicine suddenly. If you suddenly stop the medicine, this will have a severe withdrawal symptom in you.
• Keep the medicine at a room temperature. Keep it away from moisture.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.